Pediatric Hygiene Lead at Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry
Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry, a thriving pediatric dental practice, is seeking a Lead Hygiene Dental Assistant to join our fantastic team and lead our hygiene team. We have a vibrant office, great doctors, fun patients, and an experienced, welcoming team. We strive to create a family atmosphere with our patients and our staff.
Successful candidates will possess a desire to work hard and excel at their position, as well as have a strong work ethic as a contributor to our dental team. In addition to the bulleted requirements, candidates need good communication skills and a positive attitude. We are looking for those special people who want to go above and beyond the minimum asked of them, and who truly take pride in their career and job performance.
The Hygiene Lead position will work in conjunction with the Clinical Manager to oversee a team of hygiene-focused dental assistants. The candidate will have strong hygiene skills as a dental assistant and be able to lead others both by teaching and training as well as modeling leadership behavior.
Job Type: Full-time, hourly
Pay Rate: $20.00 — $25.00/hour commensurate with experience
To apply, please email our Clinical Manager, Lindsay with your resume & cover letter: [email protected].
Tasks & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Dental Assistant
- Desire to lead a team of hygiene-focused dental assistants
- Ability to lead training and teaching of new dental assistants
- Excellent communication skills required to provide leadership to hygiene team
- Interacting with children and parents in a positive way to create a great experience
- Providing children and parents with education on proper oral health care
- Taking high-quality, diagnostic X-rays
- Completing child dental prophylaxis (coronal plaque removal and polish)
- Reviewing medical and dental history and home care and presenting findings to doctors
- Charting with doctors in paperless patient chart (Dentrix)
- Oversight of instrument sterilization and the stocking and cleaning of the clinic
- The opportunity to assist with procedures performed under general anesthesia
- Competitive pay correlated to work experience
- Work/life balance: approximately 32-40 hours per week
- 401K with company matching
- Paid Holidays
- PTO allowances
- Dental care for employee children
- Free floss!